Saturday, July 3, 2010

July Presidency Message

As I was thinking about what to say this month one thing kept popping into my mind: temples. I’ve been going to the temple since I was twelve years old. The first time I went I was so scared, everyone else was older and bigger and more experienced than I was. Many questions ran through my mind. What if I forgot my recommend or didn’t do something right or went somewhere where I wasn’t supposed to be? But when I went that first time, I felt at ease, I felt safe.

Over the years there have been times when I’ve tried to make excuses not to go to the temple. But I’ve never regretted going, and I’ve always tried to go as much as I can. Every time I step through the temple doors a peace comes over me. In John 14:27 it says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.” This is what I feel when I go to the temple.

The temple is the House of the Lord. On every temple you can read, “Holiness to the Lord the House of the Lord”. I truly feel that it is the House of the Lord.

I love the temple and everything about it. I am my happiest when I go often. The Spirit is so strong and powerful. The most amazing thing about the Spirit is it’s the same Spirit you feel everywhere. It’s the same as when I’m partaking of the sacrament or getting a father’s blessing.

I know the temple is the House of the Lord, and I know that it is important. I am grateful to be able to go and experience and learn the things that I do. It is such a blessing in my life. I hope we can all go to the temple often and enjoy the blessings that are there.


Love Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment